I S E
Institute for Sustainable EngineeringSM
|Nature makes us. We don't make nature.SM|
|Board of Directors|
|Southeast Texas Workshop on Energy|
|Colorado High Sustainability|
|ASA - Andean Sustainability AllianceSM|
|KSA - Kilimanjaro Sustainability AllianceSM|
|LESSSM - Leaders in Sustainability and Science|
|Green Workforce Coalition|
|High Desert Sustainability|
|IAS - Indo American Sustainability|
|CAS - Chinese American Sustainability|
|NAS - Nepal American Sustainability|
|Sustainable Yoga Farm|
|My Solar Music|
Honored with UN/Unesco ©® World Prize 2007
Fulbright ©® Scholar 2014/15
Dr. Tony Pereira - UCLA MAE PhD
UCLA Mechanical Engineering PhD
UCLA Masters of Science Mechanical Engineering
CSU Long Beach, B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering Cum Laude Tau Beta Pi
Los Angeles Harbor College, A.S. Architecture President’s Honors
Los Angeles Harbor College, A.A. Liberal Arts Alpha Gamma Sigma
UC Irvine, Certificate Micro Computer Engineering
UC Irvine, Certificate Advanced Software Engineering
University of Central Florida, FSEC, Certificate Solar Energy
Cumulative GPA: 3.9 / 4.0
Lamar University, Assistant Research Professor, Fuel Cell and Energy Center
- Fuel Cell Research & Development under a DOD Grant
KSLW Architects, Inc., Senior Architectural Designer
- Preparation of Construction Documents using AutoCad™ 2000
- Research Building Materials, resolve Uniform Building Code issues
- Project coordination with Consultants, Contractors and Engineers
Teledine Linair, Project Engineer
- Research, Design, Development of high performance hydraulic components
- Project responsibility acquisition/deployment of a new UG II CAD system
Amada, Senior Systems Engineer
- State of the Art Factory Automation USA/Worldwide
- Responsible for the world’s largest fully automated factory
State of California Board of Professional Engineers, EIT (PE in Progress)
Sun/Solaris Certified Systems Engineer, Network and Systems Management
VAX/VMS Systems Management Certification
HONORS & AWARDS
Tau Beta Pi Lifetime
Alpha Gamma Sigma Lifetime
President and Dean Honors Rolls - LAHC, CSULB
Major Richard Bakke Environmental Scholarship
Wendell Black Environmental Scholarship
Winner United Nations & Unesco Mondialogo Engineering Award 2007
TEAM ACTIVITIES & INTERESTS
CSLUB Solar Car Team Captain
World Solar Challenge, Australia 1999, Race Official
ASME - American Society of Mechanical Engineersr
AIA - American Institute of Architects Cabrillo Chapter
ASES - American Solar Energy Society
SAMPE – Society for the Advancement of Materials & Process Eng.
ASC - American Society for Composites
• UCLA – Mechanical & Engineering Dept., Teaching Assistant, MAE-182A, Math for Engineers - Fall 2004.
• UCLA – Mechanical & Engineering Dept., Teaching Assistant, MAE-182A, Math for Engineers - Spring 2005.
• UCLA – Mechanical & Engineering Dept., Teaching Assistant, MAE-182A, Math for Engineers - Fall 2005.
• UCLA – Mechanical & Engineering Dept., Teaching Assistant, MAE-183, Manufacturing for Engineers - Spring 2006.
• UCLA – Mechanical & Engineering Dept., Teaching Fellow, MAE-183, Manufacturing for Engineers - Fall 2006.
• UCLA – Mechanical & Engineering Dept., Teaching Fellow, MAE-183, Manufacturing for Engineers - Spring 2007.
• UCLA – Mechanical & Engineering Dept., Teaching Fellow, MAE-166C, Mechanics of Composite Materials - Fall 2008.
• UCLA – Mechanical & Engineering Dept., Teaching Fellow, MAE-133AL, Power Conversion Thermodynamics Lab - Winter 2009.
• UCLA - Henry Samueli School of Engineering and Applied Science - Center for Excellence in Engineering and Diversity (CEED) - Physics III - Summer 2005.
• UCLA - Henry Samueli School of Engineering and Applied Science - Center for Excellence in Engineering and Diversity (CEED) - Thermodynamics I - Summer 2006.Contact Us
How to participate